Please contact us at email@example.com to submit a posting about jobs or auditions.
Front Office Administrator, Adagio Ballet and Dance School
Adagio Ballet and Dance School is looking for a driven and reliable Front Office Administrator with a positive, professional work attitude to join our Administrative team long-term.Be part of a hardworking, fun team in a fast-paced, professional, high quality dance education and administrative environment.
- Demonstrated reliability and eagerness to learn, min. 2 years of relevant experience, excellent communication/written skills, strong customer service inclination, strong Office suite skills
- Completed college degree is required, unless substituted by equivalent arts administration experience or similar field
- Must include References and Cover Letter to give us a more rounded picture of candidate
- Must be able to start immediately and commit for a minimum of 1 calendar year with a contract
- Must be generally open to some work on weekends and up until 8-9pm on weekdays
- Experience and interest in dance, education, and work with children is a major plus.
Our Administrator position is dynamic and well-rounded and as part of our team you will have to:
- Actively lead daily communication and correspondence with current and new students while adhering to external communication policy and tone
- Function as reliable liaison between customers & management and customers & teachers while adhering to internal communication policy and tone
- Function as reliable resource to customers across all aspects of their experience: program goals & classes, scheduling, registration, and class changes, policies and philosophy, Student experience and success. Involve management as needed to ensure an all-around positive and successful customer experience.
- Perform required daily and weekly tasks related to calendar management, mass email correspondence, seasonal offerings and projects, performances, and more.
- Maintain alert, professional, positive, engaging on-site presence
- Assist with apparel sales, ordering, and inventory maintenance
- Assist as needed with email and document drafting, promotional materials and projects, performance and event coordination, and more.
Both Part Time and Full Time option available. Full Time Position will involve additional project management responsibilities over time and will include benefits package such as health insurance, PTO, and opportunities for career and financial growth. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Rep, American Ballet Theatre
Be a voice for the American Ballet Theatre (ABT)! DCM Inc. invites you on behalf of ABT to join its team of telephone representatives for the exciting 2014 season! Do you want to share your love for the ballet? Do you enjoying talking on the phone? Are you articulate, friendly, and enthusiastic? Do you have sales experience? If this sounds like you, DCM Inc. and ABT would love to meet you!
DCM Inc. is currently hiring approx. 10 representatives for ABT’s 2014 season. Telephone reps would work 20 hours per week (at minimum) with more hours available based on performance. There are afternoon (1:00-5:00PM) and evening 5:00-9:00PM) shifts 7 days a week. The start date is immediate, and you are paid a base salary, commission, and bonuses. This position does not require cold calling; ABT provides all leads.
Interested? Contact Carol at 212.564.5396, and leave a voice mail if unable to answer. She will return your call ASAP!
Department Coordinator, Office of Communications, Ford Foundation
The primary role of the Department Coordinator is to proactively assist two Directors and the management team. The Department Coordinator will help facilitate the daily processes and planning of the department, coordinate and manage budget tracking activities, and provide core support to the director and management team. The Department Coordinator will manage a heavy workload, working closely and proactively across departments in order to facilitate forward planning, prioritize activities, and appropriately represent the department and the foundation.
For more information, click here.
Staff Assistant, Maryland Youth Ballet
Maryland Youth Ballet is in need of a front desk administrative assistant to perform a variety of office duties including class check-in, answering phones, filing, and working in Mind Body Online. Individual must be self-motivated, willing to learn, have excellent interpersonal communication skills, take direction quickly and efficiently, and have a “customer-first” attitude to deal with students and parents. Approximately 25 hrs/week, including Saturdays and/or Sundays.
Experience in dance and /or a degree in Performing Arts Management is a plus but not required. Skills: should be proficient on a PC with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access applications.
How To Apply: Submit your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com and write “ADMIN POSITION” in the subject line.
Fitness Instructor, 305fitness
We are seeking our next badass instructor to teach our lively dance cardio classes. No fitness experience required. Looking for energetic, smart, creative, and fun-loving dancers. We only consider applicants with dance experience who have no full-time work commitments. You must be able to commit 10-15 weekly hours during training.
A position as a ((305)) Instructor is the perfect compliment to your performing career. Our classes are fun and lively to teach. You dance, jump, and bring life to the classroom, inspiring non-dancers to move their bodies. Educationally, our extensive training program — at no cost to you — also offers a unique foot in the door into the world of fitness that costs trainers thousands of dollars to attain on their own. The hours are consistent and part-time. We are highly supportive of artists and traveling schedules.
For more information, click here.
Performing Arts Instructor, Ballet Petite
Ballet Petite and the Youth Performing Arts School is a performing arts school teaching children ages 2 years through 18 years. We have a Ballet Department and a Musical Theatre Department. Classes include classical ballet, musical theatre, tap, jazz, hip hop and modern dance. We hire both teachers and arts administrative staff, we have employment opportunities for part time and full time staff. Our locations are in Montgomery County and Fairfax County.
Seeking Ballet teachers with possible other technical dance experience. Must be willing to be trained in this program’s pedagogy. Must be available for training beginning this summer and open to additional shadowing once classes commence.
For more information, click here.
Hip Hop Teacher, The Dance Academy of Loudoun
Experienced Hip Hop teacher for competition choreography and recreational recital classes.
Wednesday evenings, starting this summer. Call (703) 443-1093 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children’s Dance Instructors Needed for Summer/Fall 2014 Sessions
Greenbelt Dance Studio, a program of the Greenbelt Department of Recreation, is accepting applications for teaching opporutnities during the summer and fall of 2014. We are looking for dedicated, energetic dance instructors who love working with students ages three to twelve. Must be able to teach one or more of the following classes: ballet, jazz, musical theater, tap, hip hop, contemporary and/or creative movement. Multiple positions are available with possible working hours between 8:30am-6:30pm Monday through Friday between June-August 2014 and September-December 2014. All classes take place at the Greenbelt Community Center (15 Crescent Road Greenbelt MD).
Preference to candidates with a college degree in dance and/or musical theater with previous teaching experience but will consider students currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in dance and/or musical theater. Pay commensurate with experience ($10-$25 per hour).
To apply, email resume to Angella Foster at email@example.com along with the contact information (phone / email) for three professional references. Past or current educators are acceptable references. Applications accepted until positions are filled.
Dance Instructor, Bowen McCauley Dance
Bowen McCauley Dance (BMD) is seeking a dance instructor to facilitate classes for children grades 1st through 5th on Tuesdays from 3:45 – 4:45pm. Classes will be held at an elementary school in Arlington beginning January 14 though March 11. The dance instructor must follow BMD’s method and program for “Studio to the Stage!” BMD is looking for a candidate who:
- Has several years of teaching experience in ballet, modern, and jazz;
- Is charismatic, and an energetic leader and instructor;
- Is organized and resourceful; and
- Holds a Bachelor’s in dance, and/or has a background in dance instruction, preferably one who has worked with children.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Ricki Marion, executive director. Additional opportunities may arise.
Outreach Teachers and Site Managers City Dance Ensemble (Washington, DC)
As our programs expand and grow we are always looking for qualified, enthusiastic teachers for our Community Programs. If you are a professional youth worker and dance teacher interested in joining our staff, please email your resume with cover letter to Kelli Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please outline your education, training, and experience working with youth, as well as motivation for working in a community program.
Click here for more information.
Dance Teachers Joy of Motion (Washington, DC)
To apply, submit a cover letter, resumé and 3 professional references to:
Heidi Schimpf, Director of Programs and Services
Fax: (202) 399-6761
Part-Time Teacher, The Washington School of Ballet
The Washington School of Ballet seeks an energetic candidate with significant experience teaching ballet technique to children ages 4 to 10. The person must possess strong classical ballet knowledge, must be a team player, teach the school’s curriculum and have experience in choreography for young children.
- Teach ballet classes in level(s) Pre Ballet 1 through Level 2
- Choreograph for the Pre Ballet 2 & 3 Class Presentations and Spring Performance for Level 1A and up
- Write evaluations for each student
For more information, click here.