Audition: New Releases Choreographers Showcase 2014
Dance Place – 2014 New Releases Audition Sign Up Form
Please contact Dance Place to schedule your audition: (202) 269-1600
Friday, June 13 @ 4:00pm-8:00pm
Saturday, June 14 @ 4:00pm-8:00pm
Artists must bring the following information to the audition:
- Biography of choreographer & performer(s) and/or company
- Photo image for marketing purposes
- Brief written description of the work to be performed
- Technical requirements or special needs
- Program information including music credits, costume credits, etc…
Additional Audition Information:
- Auditions will take place in the Dance Place theater.
- Recorded music must be on CD or mp3 player with standard 1/8″ input (if applicable)
- Artists MUST be based in or have definitive connection with the DC, MD, VA region
- Work must be completed and performance ready (including costumes and sound)
- Maximum length for each piece is 12 minutes
- Audition slots are 15 minutes each
- Performances will be: Saturday, August 9, 2014 @ 8pm and Sunday, August 10, 2014 @ 7pm
- ALL PERFORMERS MUST be available for BOTH performance dates AND tech/dress on August 8.
- Selected choreographers will receive a small honorarium
If a choreographer must cancel her/his audition, please do so by Monday, June 9 so that artists on the waiting list may have audition slots allocated to them. Artists who fail to do so resulting in a “no-show” audition slot will be ineligible for next year’s New Releases showcase audition.
Please email Ben Levine (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or call Dance Place at (202) 269-1600.