Dance Place Travel Club
Explore the Berkshires with the Travel Club!
August 23-27, 2018
The Dance Place Travel Club and Christopher K. Morgan invite you to join us on a summer trip to the Berkshires and Catskills! Experience Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival, Tanglewood Music Festival and more – up close and personal!
5 days and 4 nights stay at the elegant boutique Hotel on North in Pittsfield, MA
Private tours of:
The world renowned Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival
The country’s most technologically cutting edge, performing art facility EMPAC (Experimental Media and Performing Arts Center) on the campus of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
The 300 acre The Fields contemporary sculpture park at the Omi International Arts Center in the scenic Hudson River Valley
Two incredible dance performances at Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival
A beautiful evening of live music at one of the world’s most beloved music festivals, Tanglewood Music Festival
Time to explore and enjoy the beauty of the Berkshires and Catskills
And more! See below for full itinerary
COST: $2,200 per person
Deadline to sign-up is March 31, 2018 with $500 deposit*
All final payments due June 1, 2018**
Price includes round trip airfare from DC area airports, double hotel room ($500 additional charge for single room), all ground transportation in the Berkshires, all dinners, Friday and Sunday brunch
* Deposit non refundable after April 1, 2018
**Last day to withdraw commitment for partial refund is June 1, 2018
Contact Hannah Church at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.269.1601 for more information or to book your spot!
Thursday, Aug 23
- Non-stop flight from DCA or BWI to Albany Airport
- Check in to the charming Hotel on North in Pittsfield, MA
- First night special dinner!
- Tanglewood Music Center performance of Leonard Bernstein’s Candide, with live music by innovative New York City-based chamber orchestra The Knights and choreography by modern dance maker John Heginbotham
Friday, Aug 24
- Private tour of EMPAC’s beautiful and innovative performing arts facility
- Lunch in Albany
- Dinner together
- Performance of works by Jerome Robbins performed by The Stars of American Ballet at Jacob’s Pillow
Saturday, Aug 25
- Private tour of Jacob’s Pillow
- Dinner at Jacob’s Pillow
- Performance of the San Francisco-based modern dance company ODC Dance’s
- Dead Reckoning with live music by Kronos Quartet’s Joan Jeanrenaud
Sunday, Aug 26
- Brunch at Omi International Arts Center, followed by a tour of The Fields Sculpture Park
- Final celebratory dinner together!
Monday, Aug 27
- Return flights to DC