NEWS: Audition for New Releases!
Dance Place’s annually curated showcase features some of the best new works by established and emerging choreographers. Performance will feature 2016 Dance Place New Releases Commission recipient Briana Stuart.
Saturday, May 6 at 8pm
To sign up for an audition, follow these two easy steps!
Please email Ben Levine at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or call Dance Place at 202.269.1600.
Please read the following:
- Auditions will take place in the Cafritz Foundation Theater at Dance Place.
- Recorded music must be on CD or mp3 player with standard 1/8″ input (if applicable).
- Choreographer MUST have definitive connection to the DC Metro area, as defined by:
- Choreographer must reside in Washington, DC, Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties in Maryland, Fairfax County, Arlington County and the city of Alexandria in Virginia.
- AND more than 50% of the artists’ work over the past year must take place within the aforementioned counties.
- Work must be completed and performance ready (including costumes and sound).
- Maximum length for each piece is 12 minutes.
- Audition slots are 15 minutes each.
- ALL PERFORMERS MUST be available for the performance date, tech / dress on Thursday, May 4 and Friday, May 5 *(including daytime)
- Selected choreographers will receive a small honorarium.
- One selected choreographer will be awarded Dance Place’s 2017 New Releases Commission and will be invited to perform in both the 2017 and 2018 showcases.
- If a choreographer must cancel their audition, please do so by Monday, January 30 so that artists on the waiting list may have audition slots allocated to them. Artists who fail to do so resulting in a “no-show” audition slot will be ineligible for next year’s New Releases showcase audition.