What’s Going On – Production & Touring
10 – 12 people touring including 8 dancers, Artistic Director and technicians.
Project has received a NPN Creation Fund and is available to tour on a NPN Performance Residency. Touring available off of the NPN Performance Residency and can be negotiated.
- Local Dancer Repertory & Performance – Vincent Thomas teaches a series of workshops several days prior to the performance for dancers in the community to learn movement and staging for the final section of What’s Going On.
- What’s Going On Master Class – One of the project’s choreographers will give a master class during the performance residency for local community dancers, college/university dancers, or children/youth. Master classes will be taught by: Vincent E. Thomas (Modern/Contemporary), Sylvia Soumah (West African) or Ralph Glenmore (Jazz).
- What’s Going On Table Talk – In this workshop, community participants come together to examine a ‘hot topic’ that encourages verbal dialogue and explores physical dialogue. Participants discuss, listen, and speak truths about the selected topic facing their community.
- Open Level Social Dance – Movement and performance opportunity for movers of all experience levels. What’s Going On performers teach Washington DC’s signature social dances to your community.
- Further residency activities can be catered to community.
For booking information: